1 -16 ounce
frozen unsweetened dark cherries
pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
1 (21 ounce) cans
cherry pie filling
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, frozen dark cherries and vanilla in large bowl. Allow cherries to thaw and stir.
- Line pie plate with pastry.
- Distribute sliced almonds evenly on top of the crust.
- Pour can of pie filling on top of almonds.
- Next pour dark cherry mixture on top of filling.
- Cover with second pastry.
- Poke small slits on top crust.
- Bake at 350 until crust is golden brown.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk to create a glaze.
- Distrubute over top and you are done.