canned italian tuna in vegetable oil
caperberries, stem removed, thinly sliced
lemon, juice of
red chili pepper flakes
black olive pesto sauce
( recipe #227826)
oven roasted tomato
( recipe #232092)
baby arugula, roughly chopped
extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, caperberries, lemon juice, red chile flakes, and black olive pesto; use a fork to flake the tuna and thoroughly mix the ingredients; chill until ready to use.
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta bread; the rolls should now be about 1 inch thick; split rolls horizontally.
- Spread a thin layer or the tuna mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Follow with the oven-roasted tomatoes, about 3 slices per sandwich.
- Sprinkle a fistful of chopped arugula over each panino; drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill each sandwich for about 3 minutes until the bread is a light golden brown and the filling is warm.