all-purpose flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease an 8" baking pan; line pan with parchment paper and lightly oil.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and 2 cups of flours until it is crumbly and fine.
- Reserve 3/4 of this mixture and set off to side.
- Sift the rest of the flour and add to it the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine the crumb mixture.
- Add the egg and milk, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Take the reserved crumbs and sprinkle it on top of the cake.
- Bake in oven for 35 - 40 minutes.