rump roast, trimmed of visible fat
onion, thinly sliced
1 (11 1/2 ounce) jars
pepperoncini peppers, sliced
( reserve 1/2 cup juice)
1 (2/3 ounce) package
Italian salad dressing mix
( I use Good Seasons)
6 hoagie rolls or 6
hoagie rolls, split
arugula, for serving
tomato, sliced, for serving
- Place beef and onion in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Add water, pepper juice, salad dressing mix and garlic.
- If you have time, cover and place in refrigerator to let beef marinate for several hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Brush cut sides of rolls with some of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer beef to cutting board; slice thinly.
- Serve on rolls with arugula, sliced tomatoes and sliced peppers.