2 (500 g)
shelf-life potato gnocchi
bacon, rashers coarsely chopped
leek, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
cooked roasting chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
green beans, topped, cut into 1cm thick slices
Baby Spinach, leave
shredded parmesan cheese
coarsely grated cheddar cheese
chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, to serve
- Preheat the over to 180c.
- Cook the gnocchi following the packet instructions or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and leek and cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the chicken, beans and spinach and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach just wilts.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming.
- Add flour and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until the mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan.
- Add the bacon mixture and Parmesan mixture to the gnocchi and stir until combined.
- Spoon the gnocchi mixture into a shallow 3L (12 cup) capacity ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the cheddar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cheddar melts and is golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
- I am going to serve with crusty bread and a nice salad.