poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds or 1/2 cup
pine nuts, toasted
cilantro, with stems coarsely chopped
( or use parsley if you prefer)
1 -2 serrano peppers or 1 -2
jalapeno chile, optionally blackened
4 (10 inch)
cooked chicken, diced
( about 2 large breasts)
monterey jack cheese, grated
parmesan cheese, grated
- Put poblanos, pumpkin seeds,cilantro and serranos in a food processor and pulse until puréed.
- Add the oil in a steady stream with the machine running.
- Add the lime juice and salt, mixing well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto on each tortilla.
- Distribute 1/2 cup chicken on each tortilla and sprinkle with Monterrey Jack and Parmesan cheese.
- Fold tortillas in half.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Sauté quesadillas for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the tortillas are golden brown and all the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 1 minute and cut each quesadilla into thirds. Serve with any remaining pesto or salsa of your choice.