dried chilies, crushed
2 1/2 cups
brown sugar, packed
- Mix and cook in a large roaster pan in oven at 325 degrees for several hours until thickened to your liking.
- Hot pack into pint jars; seal with hot lids and rings.
- Set jars upside-down on a thick towel for 15 minutes (set the timer); then put right-side up.
- As the jars cool, you'll hear some *kitchen music* which means they've sealed nicely.
- Store in a cool dark cellar or cupboard.
- NOTE: This is the base for my chicken barbecue sauce recipe which calls for 1/2 cup bbq sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce--to DIE FOR!