pork, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups
onion, finely chopped
garlic cloves, chopped
cooking apple, peeled cored and chopped
banana, cut into pieces
fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
Tomato, peeled seeded and diced
salt and pepper
- Place the pork in a large lidded sauce pan with water almost to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Drain and reserve the stock.
- Rinse out the saucepan and return the stock.
- Add the lentils and raisins and enough water to cover.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and saute the pork, onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Lift out and add to the lentils.
- In the same oil saute the apple, banana, and pineapple for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add to the lentils and pork and gently combine.
- Return to the frying pan and simmer over very low heat for 10 minutes.
- The finished dish should be rather dry and the lentils creamy.