Avocados, preferably Haas and medium in size
( reserved and rendered from cooking the bacon)
scallions, sliced thin, about 1/3 cup
garlic clove, pressed
( If you don't have a garlic press, just mince the garlic. I usually use 2 or three garlic cloves)
jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced
cilantro leaf, minced
salt, to taste
( more or less to taste)
( fresh squeezed)
- Fry bacon on stovetop until crisp.
- Drain bacon and reserve at least 1 teaspoon of rendered bacon fat.
- When bacon is cool to touch, crumble it.
- Halve one of the avacados, remove the pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Mash the flesh lightly with the scallions, garlic, chile, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cumin with the tines of a fork until just combined.
- Add the bacon crumbles and bacon fat and combine with avacado mixture.
- Halve, pit, and CUBE the remaining 2 avocados. Add the cubes to the bowl with the mashed avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the diced avocado and mix the entire contents of the bowl lightly with a fork until combined but still chunky. Adjust the seasongs with salt if necessary,(you can add a bit more bacon fat if you like), and serve.