onion, peeled and chopped
lean ground beef
( your favourite from a jar, or homemade)
1 1/2 cups
freshly grated parmesan cheese
slivered fresh basil
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, just until al dente; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, while pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add oil, then saute onion, stirring often, until onion is soft.
- Increase heat to high and add ground beef.
- Brown the beef, stirring frequently (this will take about 5 minutes).
- Stir in sauce and cook until sauce is heated through; remove from heat.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, parmesan, minced garlic, basil and pepper to taste.
- Microwave this mixture on High for 2 minutes or until it's very hot; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Place cooked pasta in a prewarmed shallow serving bowl; top with meat sauce, but leave a border of pasta visible around the edges.
- Top the meat sauce with the cheese mixture, again leaving a border of sauce visible.