1 cup quinoa or 1 cup
orange juice, freshly squeezed
lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon
1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon
( or to taste)
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
finely chopped fresh basil leaf
finely chopped sun-dried tomato
2 red onions, finely chopped or 8 -10
green onions, chopped
cherry tomatoes, cut in half
black olives, sliced
- Rinse quinoa in a strainer under running water and drain.
- Bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and let it simmer for 10-15 minute (until water is absorbed and quinoa is translucent)
- Set aside to cool. Meanwhile prepare vegetables.
- Combine ingredients for the marinade, pour over cooled quinoa and stir to mix.
- Add herbs and vegetables. Stir again. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-6 hours or more. (Serve at room temperature).