( 2 packs Fleischman's is good)
( slightly beaten)
( all purpose)
- Dissolve yeast with 1 T sugar in 1/4 c warm water.
- Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Scald milk.
- Stir in butter and sugar and let cool.
- Add salt and eggs.
- In a large bowl combine milk and yeast mixtures.
- Start adding flour 1 c at a time till you begin to work the dough with your hands (you should have used about 5 1/2 cups).
- Knead the dough working in the rest of the flour.
- Clean and grease your bowl; place dough in bowl grease the top with a little oil let rise until double in bulk.
- •Sausage kolaches: Boil sausage till done cut in lengths desired wrap in dough (make sure it is sealed shut) let rise 1 hour bake at 400 18-20 minutes.
- •Cinnamon rolls: I always make these with the left over dough. Roll out into a rectangle pour melted butter over the surface mix sugar and cinnamon and evenly spread over butter roll up dough and cut into slices place in greased pan about 1/2 inch apart. Let rise 1 hour. Bake at 400° 18- 20 minutes. Top off with a simple powdered sugar icing (I like to add cinnamon to that as well).
- •You can add cheese to the sausage kolaches or ham and cheese, fruit filling and cream cheese, the possibilities are endless -- let me know what you guys try.