red onions, cut in half & sliced
( to taste)
( or any of the long ribbon style pastas)
( feta, ploughmans cheddar, anything that crumbles nicely)
- In a large frypan, fry the bacon, then set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and then cook the onions until they have caramelised.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme/herbs and the bacon again and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook your pasta and then, using tongs or a spathetti spoon, add it to the pan with the bacon mixture in it. Do not drain as the liquid will help moisten the whole.
- Serve with the cheese crumbled over the top.