1 (16 ounce) packages thin spaghetti or 1 (16 ounce) packages
green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
salt and pepper
1 (10 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes with green chilies
frozen green pea
cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
( 4 cups)
shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
( 1.5 cups)
- Break pasta into 3 or 4 inch pieces. Cook according to package directions.
- In a large non-stick pot coated with non-stick cooking spray, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic until tender.
- Mix in the flour.
- Add the tomatoes, milk, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Lower the heat mix in the green peas, mixing well.
- Add the pasta, cheese, chicken. Mix well and heat through. Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish (we used a 9x13) coated with non stick cooking spray.
- TO PREPARE AND EAT NOW: Preheat oven to 350°F Bake for 20 minutes. It's ready when it's bubbly.
- TO FREEZE: Do not bake before freezing. Cool to room temperature, wrap, label and freeze.
- TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING: Remove from freezer to defrost fully. Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350°F oven which has been preheated.