onion, thinly sliced
garlic clove, minced
ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 lbs
large unpeeled shrimp
sweetened flaked coconut
- Cook pasta according to directions (it helps for it not to stick together if you put a little oil in the water--my boyfriend taught me that trick).
- In a wide frying pan, combine oil, garlic, onion and 2 tbsp water. Cook over high heat until liquid has evaporated and onions are soft and a little brown (about 3-5 minutes).
- To the onions,stir in curry, coriander and cayenne pepper. Add shrimp and cook stirring often, approx 3 minutes.
- Mix coconut with all-purpose flour and add to shrimp.
- Add pineapple juice and continue to cook, stirring until sauce comes to a boil and shrimp is done. Stir parsley in and season to taste with salt.
- Drain pasta well, pour onto platter or individual plates. spoon shrimp and sauce over pasta. Garnish with lime wedges (lime not just for garnish, the dish tastes awesome when you squeeze the lime on the pasta).