( horseradish powder)
1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh tuna steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
2 1/2 tablespoons
slice pickled ginger
( 8 inch)
fresh ground black pepper
- Mix 2 tablespoons wasabi powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons water in small bowl to blend. Whisk in 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Cover wasabi mayonnaise and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Combine tuna and soy sauce in medium bowl; toss to coat. Marinate tuna 30 minutes at room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, thread 1 ginger slice onto each skewer 2 inches from tip.
- Line platter with watercress. Place bowl of wasabi mayonnaise on platter.
- Drain tuna; pat dry. Return to medium bowl. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tuna and sear until browned on all sides but still pink inside, about 2 minutes total.
- Thread 1 tuna cube onto each prepared skewer next to ginger. Arrange skewers on platter and serve.