( canned or bouillon)
- Peel and seed cucumbers, cut into chunks. Saute' chopped onions and garlic in olive oil in a large pot until golden.
- Add chicken stock, cucumbers and a fistful of peel (for color, to be removed later). Cook on low heat, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Remove cucumber peel, add cream and a pinch of white pepper. Puree in food processor, salt to taste.
- Chill overnight, serve with a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives.
- Needs no thickener, since the pureed cucumber pulp gives it a nice velvety texture.