lean ground beef
dried parsley flakes
salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon as your normally would until slightly crisp but not crumbling (when doing large quantities, I cook it in the oven on a cake rack atop a baking sheet). Set to cool.
- Once cooled, cut of the bacon into bacon bit sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients but the bocconcini. Mix well with your hands so everything so everything is well combined. Divide mixture into 4 even balls.
- Slice your bocconcini into 4 pieces.
- Take one meat ball and divide into 2 then flatten. Put a slice of bocconcini on one of the patties and then put the other patty on top.
- Work the meat so that cheese is completely cover by the meat. Shape into a patty. (I use one of those hamburger presses simply because the patties look better and it's that step your neighbour wouldn't do).
- Cook as you normally would.