fresh coarse ground black pepper
lean boneless beef top sirloin steaks
green pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
red onion, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1/2 cup jalapeno jelly or 1/2 cup
red wine vinegar
- In small bowl stir together paprika, pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cut sirloin steak into 4 pieces; rub pepper mixture onto both sides of meat.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add meat. Cook, turning once, to desired doneness (6-8 minutes. Remove meat from skillet, set aside.
- Increase heat to high. Add green pepper and onion to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisply tenter (1-2 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low; stir in jelly and vinegar. Return meat to pan; turn to coat w/ glaze. Cover; cook until heated through (2-3 minutes.
- To serve, Place meat and glaze over rice.