sugar, plus more
sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and 1 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Do not overmix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture and cream alternately to the butter mixture. End with the flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and then fold in strawberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins (2 3/4 inches wide by 1 1/8 inches deep) 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until tester dipped in center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve!