( 3 lbs, washed & left unpeeled)
( finely chopped)
( crushed & finely minced)
black mustard seeds
dried Italian seasoning
( I use McCormick Classic Herbs)
- Preheat oven to 425°F & cut potatoes into 3/4-in chunks.
- Heat oil in a lrg baking dish. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, mustard seeds, dry mustard + herbs & stir to combine.
- Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, add olives & stir to combine.
- Bake a further 30 min (uncovered) or till potatoes are fork-tender, brown & crisp.
- NOTES: Recipe noted this was best made close to serving time & was not suitable for freezing. While the recipe does not suggest this, I found it best to stir the potatoes at 15 min into ea of the 30 min cooking times to keep the ingredients well-mixed & the potatoes browning evenly.