rice paper sheets
pepper, to taste
pork shoulder, minced
soybean mixed sprouts, finely diced
dried black mushrooms
kohlrabi, finely diced
onions, finely diced
chives, indented and finely chopped
- Soak the glassed noodles in tepid water for about 10 minutes. Rinse, drain and cut in small pieces with scissors.
- At the same time, soak the mushrooms in tepid water for 10 minutes then wash them thoroughly. Remove the stems and chop finely.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl. Mix all the 'filling' ingredients together. Season with pepper.
- Spread a rice paper sheet. Place one tablespoon of filling at the base of it. Roll it and fold in the sides over the center and roll all the way to enclose the filling in a roll which should be approximately 8 -10 cm long with 2-3 cm diameter. Paste the edges of the sheets with a little warm water. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Heat oil in pan over high heat - should be about 2cm high in the pan.
- Fry the rolls until they are a nice brown color and fragrant.
- P.S. If you're going to Hanoi, I really recommend this course ! go to http://www.hanoi-cooking.com/tip.html.