garlic cloves, minced
1 cup boiling water or 1 cup
green peppers, cut in strips
( canned or frozen)
1 -2 cup
sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large, heavy frypan.
- Add uncooked rice and fry for 1-2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add onion, garlic, 1/2 cup water and salt.
- Cook until all water is absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup boiling water or broth, pepper strips and corn.
- Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, without stirring, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and spread sour cream over the top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.