1 1/3 cups
crushed graham cracker crumbs
eggs, beaten well
cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 lbs
( about 5 cups)
1 (3 ounce) packages
- To make the crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture in bottom of a greased 11x7-inch baking pan, and set aside.
- In a bowl, gradually add the well beaten eggs to the softened cream cheese; mix well.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract; pour over the crumb mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- While cooling, prepare the topping.
- In a saucepan, add the rhubarb, sugar, and water. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes; stirring often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes more; stirring often.
- Add the strawberry gelatin to the pan; stir until dissolved. Let set to cool at room temperature, (for 30 minutes) then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spread topping over the cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for several hours, before serving.
- Note: I used the entire package of graham crackers (1-1/2 cups) to make the crust.
- I also added about 1 more tablespoon of sugar, and a 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter. I did this so the remainder of the graham cracker crumbs wouldn't go to waste.