pickled beets, cubed
pickled gherkins, cut into small pieces
apple, peeled cored and cubed
1 -2 teaspoon
grated horseradish root
chopped fresh dill
- Mix all the chopped vegetables and fruit together - making sure that they are cut into a similar size.
- Stir the grated horseradish into the sour cream - bit by bit, checking for taste after each addition.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and fruit to the horseradish and sour cream mixture.
- Put into an attractive serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped dill.
- Serve with the Smorgasbord, or with cold cuts, quiches and pickled fish. Also wonderful to take on a picnic.