3 1/2 cups
whole grain wheat flour
1 1/2 cups
( Recipe #165880 compliments this cake perfectly)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together apple pulp, carrot pulp and oil.
- Add in the honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix in with the wet ingredients.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Grease 2 round cake pans. Put half the mixture in each pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour. I always check on mine after about 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Take cakes out of pan and onto a cooling rack until almost all the way cooled off.
- Put one cake upside down on a plate. Cover with frosting. Put the other cake right side up on top of the upside down one. Cover the entire cake (top and sides) with frosting.
- I usually put aside a small part of the frosting and color part of it orange and part of it green with food coloring and make carrots on the top of the cake (as best I can - my artistic talents are extremely limited!).