fresh rhubarb, chopped
FOR EACH PICK-A-FRUIT and RHUBARB milkshake
1/2 cup frozen raspberries or 1/2 cup frozen blueberries or 3/4 cup
1 scoop vanilla frozen yogurt (optional) or 1 scoop
low-fat ice cream, for a thicker shake
- RHUBARB BASE:.
- In a non-reactive medium saucepan, stir together sugar and orange juice.
- Stir in rhubarb and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to airtight container.
- Cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- FOR EACH PICK-A-FRUIT AND RHUBARB MILKSHAKE:.
- Toss the 1/2 cup rhubarb base mix and chosen fruit into a blender.
- Add some milk or frozen yogurt or ice cream for a thicker shake.
- Blend until mixed well.