dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove rind from the ham and score the surface if the fat is reasonably thick.
- Place the ham in a casserole dish and pour on the wine and water, then arrange the raisins and butter around the meat.
- Pour on the brandy and place in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes, basting frequently with the pan liquids.
- When the surface is crisp and golden, remove and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot or cold.
- *The ham can be cooked in advance and reheated to serve hot.
- Cover with aluminum foil and warm for 20-25 minutes in a moderate oven, or wrap in plastic wrap and microwave for about 4 minutes.
- Ham slices can be frozen or chopped and frozen for future use!