coarsely chopped walnuts
coarsely chopped hazelnuts
packed brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) cans
- Grease 2 loaf pans or one bundt cake pan.
- Place nuts in bottom of pans; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter in a large bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add both sugars and vanilla; beat for 1 or 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until combine after each egg.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beating on low speed after each addition until well mixed and scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and smooth tops.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- Cool completely, nut sides up.
- To serve, place nut sides up.
- Brush with syrup.