( I use butter flavor Crisco)
1 3/4 cups
( or 2 cups all-purpose flour)
dry instant coffee granules
( such as Sanka)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars with butter and shortening.
- Beat in egg and extracts. Add coffee granules, mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Add chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels, and nuts to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. With a spatula transfer warm cookies to rack to finish cooling.
- (TIP: These cookies freeze well. For best results, freeze cookies the same day you bake them. A gallon size Ziplock freezer bag works well.).