imported swiss cheese, shredded
gruyere cheese, shredded
garlic clove, peeled
dry white wine
cherry brandy, such as kirsch
- In small bowl, coat the cheeses with cornstarch and set aside.
- Rub the inside of the ceramic fondue pot with the garlic, then discard.
- Over medium heat, add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Gradually stir the cheese into the simmering liquid.
- Melting the cheese gradually encourages a smooth fondue.
- Once smooth, stir in cherry brandy, mustard and nutmeg.
- Arrange an assortment of bite-sized dipping foods on a lazy Susan around fondue pot and enjoy!