( see step 2 for preparation)
white onion, sliced into rings 1/4 inch thick
garlic cloves, halved
4 -6 teaspoons
( I use the lesser amount to remain WW Core)
1/4 cup moroccan black olives or 1/4 cup
kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Preapare a baking sheet with a light coating of cooking spray.
- Clean and scrub the carrots well. Cut into sticks 2-3 inches long and quartered. If the top sections are especially thick, cut into sixths rather than quarters. Place in large bowl.
- Add the onion rings and halved garlic cloves to the bowl of carrots. Drizzle oil on top and sprinkle the cinnamon and cumin. Toss the vegetables to coat.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Check the vegetables, turning lightly and return to the oven to cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes. (Actual cooking time will vary by the size of your sticks.) You want the carrots to be tender but still crisp and the onions and garlic to be nice and soft.
- Place the roasted vegetables into a serving bowl and toss with the parsley, cilantro, olives and juice from the 1/2 lemon.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.