spring onion, sliced
500 g cod, coley skinned & cut into chunks or 500 g
haddock fillets, skinned & cut into chunks
cooked tiger shrimp
smoked salmon, cut into strips
14.79 ml chopped dill or 14.79 ml
lemon, zest of
lemon, juice of
sweet potatoes, peeled
matured cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°/gas 4.
- Melt butter in large pan.
- Add onion; sauté.
- Stir in flour & cook for about 30 secs before gradually adding milk.
- Bring to a simmer & cook for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth thick sauce.
- Stir in the white fish, prawns,smoked salmon. scallops, dill/parsley lemon zest & juice.
- Add salt & pepper at this stage if needed.
- Once the sauce is bubbling & the cod is starting to flake a little, remove from the heat.
- Spoon into a large 1.5 - 1.8 ltr pie dish OR 4 individual dishes.
- Leave to cool whilst preparing the topping.
- Coarsely grate the sweet potato.
- Place in a clean tea towel & squeeze out the excess water.
- Melt the butter in a pan & add the potato.
- Stir over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the potato is coated in Butter & starting to soften.
- Scatter the potato over the top of the pie, leaving a rough topping rather than pressing it down.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 mins until the top is golden and the filling is starting to bubble over the edges.
- Serve with garlic bread & salad of choice.