2 1/2 cups
1/3 cup long grain white rice or 1/3 cup
short-grain white rice
pure vanilla extract
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan combine the milk, rice, and salt. Place saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender (about 25 minutes). To prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan, stir the mixture frequently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- When the rice is tender remove from heat and add the sugar and ground cinnamon. Return to heat and cook until the pudding thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract. Spoon the pudding into your seeving bowls.
- If you like your pudding hot, eat it now.
- If you like your pudding cool, cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. Remember that the longer you keep it in the fridge, the drier it will become.