yogurt, thinned with
split white Urad Dal
black mustard seeds
dried red chili, broken into 3-4 pieces
vegetables, as desired
( see above description)
chopped fresh cilantro
- In a serving bowl put the yogurt and water and stir until smooth.
- In a small saucepan put the oil, urad dal, mustard seeds, chana dal, cumin seeds and dried red chili pieces.
- Heat over high heat until the mustard seeds have started popping and the dals are light brown.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the hing and curry leaves.
- Add the spices to the yogurt and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in your desired vegetables, salt and cilantro.
- Let flavors marry in the fridge until serving time.
- This will also allow time for the dals to soften up a bit.
- If you are making this with boondi, add the boondi right before serving so that it will be crisp.