goat cheese, log type
sun-dried tomato pesto
( purchased or homemade)
fresh basil, finely chopped
parmesan cheese, freshly grated using fine grater
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Trim all visible fat and tendons from chicken breasts. Pound chicken until 1/4 inch thick.
- Put pesto, goat cheese, and chopped basil in food processor and buzz a few times until mixture is combined but not completely blended.
- Spread 1/6 of pesto/basil/goat cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Roll up chicken, starting with smallest end, tucking in loose pieces (you can secure with tootpicks if necessary).
- Put parmesan cheese in flat dish, and roll each rolled up chicken breast in the cheese, patting on so you get as much cheese sticking on as you can.
- Spray glass casserole dish with nonstick spray and arrange chicken so pieces are not touching. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is slightly browned and firm, but not hard to the touch.
- Serve hot and enjoy!