( or lite substitute listed above)
plain fat-free yogurt
( or sour cream)
lime, juice of
( or 1 t rum extract)
( shelled and deveined and tails off)
2 -3 tablespoons
caribbean jerk seasoning
( recipe listed above)
1 (8 ounce) cans
( drained and juice reserved)
( cut into 1 inch chunks)
( cut into 1 inch pieces, green tops disgarded)
1 (15 ounce) cans
( rinsed and drained)
metal skewers or
bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- Make http://www.recipezaar.com/95953.
- Set aside.
- **Just a note of caution. When cutting hot peppers use gloves. Do not touch fingers to mouth or eyes.
- Place shrimp in a zip top bag. Add 2 to 3 T. of jerk seasoning and alow to marinate at least 30 minutes
- Meanwhile make dressing, by mixing all dressing ingredients and put in fridge to let flavors marry. (Pineapple juice is from the reserved juice for the salad).
- Place 2 cups lettuce in each of four plates.
- Divide black beans equally among plates and put in fridge.
- Heat grill to med high.
- Skewer pineapple, green peppers and onion equally among 4 skewers.
- Skewer shrimp equally among 4 skewers.
- Place pineapple skewers on grill about 5 mins before shrimp. These will take about 5 mins per side.
- Place shrimp skewers on grill and grill 3 to 4 mins per side, or until opaque.
- Layer one skewer of shrimp and one skewer of pineapple and vegetables on lettuce and beans, top with dressing and enjoy.