recipe pizza dough
extra virgin olive oil
shredded smoked gouda cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded Fontina cheese
roma tomato, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
( or fresh water-packed mozzarella, cut into 24 1-inch pieces)
shaved romano cheese
slivered fresh basil
- preheat oven to 425.
- prepare dough.
- brush the surface of the the prepared dough with a thin application of olive oil.
- evenly distribute the cheese over the oiled surface as follows: smoked gouda, mozzarella, fontina.
- place tomato slices over the cheeses, spaced about 1 inch apart - do not overlap.
- top the tomatoes with the pieces of buffalo mozzarella followed by the shaved romano.
- transfer pizza to preheated oven, bake till crust is crisp and golden and center is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with basil.
- slice and serve.