2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans
garlic cloves, minced
dry white wine
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of mushroom soup
( You may wish to sprinkle with additional parmesean cheese upon serving)
8 -10 ounces
parsley (optional) or
lemon slice, for garnishing
- While cooking fettucini noodles to desired doneness.
- Drain clams, reserving liquid.
- Brown garlic until golden in butter (or margarine) in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Add clam juice and wine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to a little more than half a cup.
- Reduce heat and add the soup, clams and cheese.
- Cook until heated through stirring occasionally.
- Serve over fettucini noodles and garnish with parsley or lemon slices.
- Note: I like to serve this with a small salad and warm sourdough bread (instead of traditional garlic bread).