salt and pepper
mixed green and yellow beans, cut in 1-inch lengths
eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- Put potatoes in a pot with cold water, salt and 1 garlic clove, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain, discard garlic.
- Cook beans until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, dump in a bowl of ice water to cool, drain well.
- Dry on paper towels.
- Cut potatoes into chunks while still warm.
- Cut 2 garlic cloves into the thinnest possible slices.
- Combine the potatoes with garlic, bean, oil, vinegar, eggs and pepper.
- Toss well, check salt and pepper, cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.