1 1/2 cups
crushed Oreo cookies
( or use 15 sandwich cookies)
2 1/2 tablespoons
1 (12 ounce) packages
miniature chocolate chips, divided
( or use 2 cups)
2 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
( 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- Set oven to 300°F.
- Prepare an ungreased 9-inch springform baking pan (or you may bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, see heading for baking times).
- For the crust; in a bowl mix together crushed cookie crumbs with melted butter until combined; press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mini chocolate chips over the crust.
- For the filling; in a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add in eggs and flour, then beat until combined.
- Add/beat in evaporated milk and sour cream.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cover loosely with foil then return to oven to bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until the edges are set but the center still moves slightly (do not over bake!).
- IMMEDIATELY place in the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the springform pan.