small shell pasta
chorizo sausage, casings removed
( Mexican-style, the kind you can crumble)
garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons
apple cider vinegar
salsa, fresh is preferred but you can use prepared
red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup poblano chiles or 1/2 cup
anaheim chili, chopped
canned black beans, drained and rinsed
fresh cilantro, chopped
queso fresco, crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Crumble chorizo into small skillet and cook over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until browned, breaking up meat into small chunks with a spoon.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Put vinegar in a medium serving bowl.
- Whisk in oil in a steady stream until incorporated.
- Stir in salsa, bell pepper, poblano chile, beans, cilantro, chorizo-garlic mixture and cooked pasta.
- Chill until serving.
- Top with queso fresco and serve.