packed brown sugar
fresh-squeezed orange juice
nutmeg, freshly grated
( coconut rum would probably be good here, too)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel the bananas, split them in half lengthwise, then place them in a buttered baking dish (10"x6"x2").
- Combine the sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cinnamon and sherry in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved, then pour over the bananas. Dot with butter.
- Bake bananas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bananas are tender. Baste them once or twice during baking.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the rum before serving.
- Serve as-is, or with a scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream.