garlic clove, chopped
broad beans, shelled and skinned
firm goat cheese, diced
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Trim the roots of the onion so it stands up without support. Slice the tips off and remove the centres until only a shell of 3 layers is left. Chop the removed centres.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the chopped onion until soft add the garlic and stir well before setting aside.
- Blanch the beans in boiling water for 2 - 3 mins and drain.
- Mix the beans and cheese with the onion mix and spoon into the onion shells.
- Arrange in a baking tray and brush the onions with the remaining oil.
- Roast for about an hour until the onions are tender.