1 1/2 cups
2 1/2-3 tablespoons
peeled and chopped shallot
bucheron goat cheese
( or other)
potato, peeled and sliced
( or creme fraiche)
( I used a combination of about 2 t dried dill and 2 t dried thyme)
- preheat oven to 350.
- to make the crust, place the flour, butter and margarine into bowl of food processor, pulse till mix is size of small peas.
- With motor running, add water all at once. Turn it off as soon as the dough begins to stick together. Do not overprocess.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and work quickly into a ball.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- to make filling, melt butter, add shallots and sauté till transparent, about 5 minutes. Set aside. (if using sliced potato, sautee it with shallots till browned).
- Place the goat cheese in the bowl of the food processor with the metal blade in place and process till smooth, about 15 seconds. Add the cream and the eggs and mix till well blended.
- Add the dill and pepper and blend.
- Line a 9 inch tart pan with the dough. Spread the shallots (and potato, if using) evenly over the bottom of the unbaked tart shell.
- Pour in the cheese mixture to fill the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or till golden brown and set.
- Cut into wedges and serve either hot or at room temp with a green leafy salad.