1 (7 ounce) packages
chopped pecans, divided
9-inch chocolate pie crust
2 (3 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1 1/4 cups
instant chocolate pudding mix
- Using a heavy saucepan, heat caramels and evaporated milk over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Add 1/2 C chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and milk in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add pudding and blend about 30 seconds more.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel mixture in pie pan evenly.
- Chill loosely covered, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle fudge topping over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Chill loosely covered until ready to serve.