red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- Dissolve the saffron in heated fish stock that uses white wine and a little vinegar.
- Make a roux with hlaf the butter (or 1/4 cup) and the flour. Moisten with the stock, adding stock until the consistency is just as thick as whipping cream.
- Soften the peppers with the garlic in the remaining butter over low heat. When they are soft, add this to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, Madeira and lemon juice.
- Add juices from the fish you are cooking to use this sauce with, for maximum flavor and so as not to be wasteful!