( chopped or shredded)
lean ground beef
cooked long-grain white rice
salt & pepper
3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
campbell's tomato soup
- Turn oven on to 375°F to preheat.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- When cooked place in very large bowl; set aside.
- Chop bacon and fry in pan until crispy.
- Add bacon and its fat to the large bowl of rice.
- Cook chopped onion, in same pan bacon was fried in, until translucent.
- Add to large bowl of rice.
- Fry ground beef in same pan.
- Add to large bowl of rice and other ingredients.
- Add as much salt and pepper to liking. **I like lots of pepper.
- I usually shake enough pepper on top of the mixture until it’s well covered.
- Stir until well mixed.
- In a 9x13 pan baking or roasting pan place the rice mixture.
- Pack down, not to tightly.
- Next, place chopped or shredded cabbage on to mixture.
- In the large bowl used for the rice mixture pour the tomato soup and its equivalent of water.
- Now add the brown sugar.
- Stir until blended.
- Pour soup over rice mixture and cabbage.
- Cover pan with tin foil.
- Place in oven until cabbage is tender.
- Approximately 45 minutes (depends on heat strength of oven).