1 1/4 cups
fast rising yeast
- Throw all ingredients into a bowl and mix together with a food processor (using dough hooks) or by hand.
- The dough will be fairly sticky but don't add any more flour.
- Instead scrape it into an oiled bowl, cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. I like to let my dough rise in an ever-so-slightly warmed oven or in an airing cupboard.
- When dough is finished rising, pre-heat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Turn onto a floured surface and work in a bit more flour until the dough loses its stickiness -- you shouldn't need too much -- then roll out to desired size, keeping the dough about 1/2 inch thick.
- Leave to rise for about 10 minutes, before topping with your favourite ingredients.
- Put on a baking sheet sprinkled with flour or cornmeal and bake for 10-15 minutes in a very hot oven until lightly browned. Our standard is 230-240 C in a fan oven for 10 minutes on a top shelf.