grated lincolnshire poacher cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Sieve flour & baking powder and salt, then add butter and rub together.
- Then add 5oz of the grated cheese followed by the eggs.
- Continue to work the mixture together by hand.
- With the ingredients worked in, pour the mixture out of the bowl onto the worktop.
- Gradually add the milk into the mixture as it is worked together.
- Use a little flour to stop the dough sticking to the worktop.
- Gently roll out the dough to about 1" - 1 1/2" inch thick, then using a pastry cutter (2" diameter).
- Cut out, arrange on a greased baking tray.
- Brush with egg-wash, as an option the remainder of the cheese could be sprinkled on top, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot, split and spread with butter!